Du Pont de Nemours International SA, CH-1218 Le Grand Saconnex, Switzerland (hereafter called ‘DuPont’) warrants hereby, subject to the time limitations described under point 3, the following:
DuPont warrants to you, the owner of the original interior worktop or decorative Corian® solid surface installation, that DuPont will, at its discretion, replace or repair, your installation of DuPont™ Corian® installed and fabricated by a Corian® Quality Network installer/fabricator, if the product fails due to any product defect during the first ten (10) years from the date of completion of installation of Corian®. This warranty does not cover products made by other suppliers.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE TEN (10) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
1. This warranty applies exclusively to interior decorative Corian® solid surface installations that are installed and fabricated by Corian® Quality Network Installers/Fabricators and in accordance with the installation procedure in force at the time of installation.
2. This warranty does not cover any damage(s) caused by:
A. Improper or inadequate residential or commercial use, care or maintenance
B. Any Corian® material modification or misuse, i.e. non-use of cutting oards, hot pads.
C. Installation and/or operation outside the materials interior environment pecifications, i.e. outdoor use.
D. Physical, chemical or mechanical abuse.
E. Damage from exposure to excessive heat (e.g. direct heat) due to non-use of hot pads or damage due to heat transmission (e.g. hobs) resulting from non-compliance with the Corian® installation procedures
F. Improper installation site preparation or site maintenance.
G. Any other improper use of Corian® as stated in the Use & Care guidelines.
H. Acts of God.
3. The DuPont™ CORIAN® ten (10) year limited installed warranty coverage is ruled by the following set timing:
Year 1-3 included after installation, in case of DuPont’s responsibility: 100% of material and labour (at cost) will be covered.
Year 4-6 included after installation, in case of DuPont’s responsibility: 75% of material and 50% of labour (at cost) will be covered.
Year 7-9 included after installation, in case of DuPont’s responsibility: 50% of material and 25% of labour (at cost) will be covered.
Year 10 after installation, in case of DuPont’s responsibility: 25% of material and 0% of labour (at cost) will be covered.
4. To receive coverage under the DuPont™ Corian® 10 Year Limited Installed warranty, proof of purchase in the form of an invoice needs to be submitted with the claim (no proof – no coverage).
5. This limited warranty is transferable within the ten (10) year warranty period.
6. Any Corian® solid surface replacement or repair need to be first authorised in writing by DuPont or its duly appointed representative and is only to be executed by a duly authorised Corian® Quality Network Installer/Fabricator or Service Centre.
7. This Limited Warranty applies only for installations done:
A. After April 1, 1995 in Europe, the Middle-East and Africa; and
B. Installations which have not been moved from their original place of installation; and
C. Installations fabricated/installed by a DuPont Authorised Fabricator/Installer or a CORIAN® Service Centre; and
D. Installations which are maintained according to the use and care instructions in the CORIAN® Use & Care leaflet, handed over with the acceptance of this installation and attached to these warranty rules. A free of charge Corian® Use & Care Instructions/Guidelines leaflet may be obtained from your local Corian® supplier or by writing to DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces (for address please refer to paragraph 13).
8. If DuPont is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product which is covered by this CORIAN® warranty, DuPont shall, within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, refund the purchase price of the CORIAN® material only, as per limitations in point 3, provided the customer hands over the Corian® material to DuPont or its appointed representative.
9. Limitations of warranty:
Neither DuPont nor any of its third party suppliers makes any other warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to CORIAN® solid surface. DuPont and its third party suppliers specifically disclaim the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose other than interior or decorative surface use.
10. Except as provided herein, DuPont shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use CORIAN® solid surfaces in interior or decorative surface application(s).
11. Some countries preclude the disclaimers and limitations in the warranty terms from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
12. Limitations of liability:
Except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty statement, in no event shall DuPont™ CORIAN® be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
13. This ten (10) Year Limited Installed Warranty coverage for CORIAN® is your ultimate assurance of lasting quality. If we can answer any further questions regarding this warranty, please contact DuPont by writing to:
DUPONT DE NEMOURS (BELGIUM) BVBA
Corian® Warranty Centre
Antoon Spinoystraat 6
14. Covering law and jurisdiction: This DuPont™ CORIAN® 10 year Limited Warranty is governed by Swiss law. The courts of the canton of Geneva, Switzerland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out or in connection with this limited warranty, including any question regarding its interpretation or its execution.