LG Hi-Macs Warranty
LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® 15-YEAR LIMITED INSTALLED WARRANTY TERMS
This limited warranty covers all LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® products manufactured and/or marketed by LG Chem Europe. The warranty covers also finished products when fabricated and installed by a member of the LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network. LG Chem Europe expressely warrants to the original owner of a LG HI-MACS® installation made following the application – fabrication – and installation guidelines published by LG Chem Europe for LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS®, that it will, at LG Chem Europe’s own discretion, repair or replace LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS®, free of charge, if the product fails due to any manufacturing – fabrication – or installation defect during the first 15 years after installation.
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser. The warranty registration card and number or a purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase from one of our LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network member will be required before warranty service is rendered. In case none of the above mentioned documents are available, the warranty will not
This warranty will not apply to damage caused in the following cases (1), (2):
1. Improper fabrication and installation of your LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS®:
• fabrication and installation not done by a LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network member
• failure to follow procedures recommended in the application – fabrication- and installation guidelines (sheets 6 mm for vertical application, 9 mm for horizontal application without heat source and 12 mm sheet for horizontal application
with heat source or more structural support)
• faulty or improper installation, including seams (need to use LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® adhesive only)
• a non authorized modification of the installation
2. Failure to apply the LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Use & Care guidelines including:
• improper or inadequate general maintenance
• hard chemicals or physical aggression of the installation
• exposure to excessive heat due to direct heat (e.g hot pots and pans put without protection on the surface without trivet with rubber legs or protective pad) or due to a bad thermal isolation (e.g for cooking plates, bains-marie etc.)
• pouring boiling liquids into LG HI-MACS® shapes (e.g. LG DecoSink™ and LG DecoBowl™) without running the cold tap as well
• force majeure
3. Colours and gloss finish of LG HI-MACS®
• dark & heavily pigmented colours will show dust, dirt and ordinary wear and tear more readily than light colours and colours with a structured texture
• Applications using colours or inappropriate gloss finish for the intended end use (as mentioned in the colours brochure or in any other LG HI-MACS® documentation) will not be covered under this warranty
4. LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® repairs or replacements under this warranty must be executed by
a member of the LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network.
5. This warranty is applicable until superseded, only on installations:
• executed after September 1, 2003 in Europe
• executed by a member of the LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network
• installations which have not been moved from their original location
• installations that are properly maintained and used applying the Use & Care guidelines
6. LG Chem Europe’s obligation together with the LG HI-MACS® Network members is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the products purchased, including reasonable and necessary labour charges when the claim is acceptable within the warranty terms. In case LG HI-MACS® is not in a position to repair or replace, depending on the case, a defective product, LG HI-MACS® commits to reimburse, within a reasonable time frame after the filing of the claim, the purchase price of the LG HI-MACS® material, as long as the customer returns to LG Chem Europe
or the assigned LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network member the defective material.
7. No other expressed or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are made by this warranty except for those expressely provided herein. Under no circumstances shall LG Chem Europe be liable for any loss or damage arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product, or for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
8. This warranty entitles the purchaser to specific legal rights. Other rights may also be available, which may vary from country to country.
9. To obtain service under this warranty , please contact directly the source from which you purchased your LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Natural Acrylic Stone™. Our LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® Network member will evaluate your claim and when accepted will develop a practical and satisfactory solution. For any additional question with regard to the present
warranty, you can contact LG Chem Europe by writing to the following address:
LG Chem Europe
LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® – Warranty department
Avenue des Morgines 12
CH-1213 Petit-Lancy, Geneva
Please include your name, address, phone/fax number and e-mail in all correspondence as well as your warranty number.
We will respond to all inquiries within 30 working days.
10. The present 15-year limited installed warranty for LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® from LG Chem
Europe is ruled under the Swiss law. Any argumentation in relation to this 15-year limited installed warranty , its interpretation or its execution will fall under the exclusive competence of the courts of the canton of Geneva Switzerland.
Quality and environmental responsibility
All LG Hausys’ Hi-MACS® products are manufactured to ISO 9001 quality procedures for systems and processes, as well as ISO 14001 environmental protection standards.